During the winter months I find myself reaching for foods with a nutty flavor. Their subtle hint of salt makes for a savory treat when mixed with something sweet. There’s just something about chocolate and hazelnut that is undeniably delicious, so I thought I’d try my hand at making a recipe.
I could honestly eat the crust by itself. It’s so sweet and yummy and the best part is there’s no refined sugar! The chewy dates and sticky syrup hold everything together and make for a great base layer. The oats add carbs for some body and the cacao powder and hazelnuts add amazing flavor.
The filling was the tricky part. I couldn’t figure out how to get it to stay without freezing it first, so I added a bunch of bananas for substance, which also added a delicious sweet element. Since it’s cold when you take it out of the freezer and eat it, there’s something so refreshing about it. You’d think that the mixture of chocolate and hazelnut would be rich and heavy, but it’s light and flavorful!
Raw Chocolate Hazelnut Tart
A delicious, no-bake chocolate hazelnut tart that will satisfy your sweet tooth without a doubt. The hazelnut adds a nutty flavor that resembles that of Nutella or Ferrero Rocher.
The riper the banana, the sweeter the filling will be! Add more bananas to make the body of the tart thicker.
- 5 dates
- 1/2 c oats
- 1 c whole hazelnuts
- 1 T unsweetened cacao powder
- 2 T maple syrup
- 5 dates
- 1/2 c hazelnuts
- 1 T maple syrup
- 1 1/2 T unsweetened cacao powder
- 1 frozen ripe banana
- 1 c coconut milk
- Pulse all of the crust ingredients in a food processor.
- Press crust mixture into the bottom of a springform pan.
- Combine all filling ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. The texture should be creamy.
- Use a rubber spatula to transfer the filling into the springform pan and spread it over the crust.
- Once you’ve spread all of the filling out evenly, chop up a handful of hazelnuts to add on top. If you have cinnamon, sprinkle some on top as well.
- Pop the pan into the freezer for an hour or so and it’s ready to serve!
– Corinne xx